Honey Oat Pan Loaves
GUIDELINES FOR SAFE FOOD HANDLING & PACKAGING
Our donation project is successful thanks to the personal commitment each of our bakers makes to adhering to the following food safety practices:
- Store your ingredients in a clean, dry and cool environment.
- Wash your hands and keep your work surface clean.
- Pull long hair back or even better, regardless of hair length, wear a cap, like a ball cap to prevent unwanted hair from falling into your baked goods.
- Make sure loaves are thoroughly baked, nice brown coloring all the way around, hollow sound when you gently thump on the bottom.
- To cool loaves, leave in the pan on a cooling rack for 3-5 minutes, then remove from pan to finish cooling. This prevents unwanted condensation from building up between the loaves and pans.
- Place stickers on bags and press firmly. It is a pressure adhesive. Label the bags and let them sit for a few minutes before filling.
- When loaves are completely cooled, room temperature, use kitchen tongs or a gloved hand to place the loaf in the bag. Avoid placing a warm loaf in the bag, it creates condensation in the bag that will lead to mold and spoilage.
- Squeeze as much air out as possible then twist tie tightly closed.
- Place in freezer or if donating within 24 hours, place in a brown paper bag, mark with your name and take them to your designated donation hub by the drop off time.
- Well done!
- I agree to adhere to all safety practices above.
- I agree to use only the ingredients listed in the Community Loaves formula.
- I agree to seek assistance through the Community Loaves Baker Support services when needed.
- I will maintain the confidentiality of all Community Loaves bread formulas and recognize them as the property of the nonprofit Community Loaves.
- I will not market, sell or use any Community Loaves bread formulas, materials (including but not limited to handouts, videos, web content), processes or practices outside of the Community Loaves bread donation project without the express permission of the company, Community Loaves.