Home › Forums › Baker Forums › Basic Bread Techniques › My loaves aren’t rising the way they used to… › Reply To: My loaves aren’t rising the way they used to…
May 9, 2022 at 2:32 pm #10785
Let’s keep troubleshooting 🙂 So far we know that you’ve got all the right ingredients, they’re all in good condition, your scale is accurate, and you’re getting a good windowpane after kneading. If you can help me understand where the process is going sideways for you, we can hopefully find a solution.
- Preferment: Active and bubbly after overnight – Y/N?
- First rise (~30 min.): Dough rise of roughly double – Y/N?
- Second rise (~30 min.): Dough rise of roughly double – Y/N?
- After dividing into rounds and resting (~20 min.): Did the rounds increase in size about 25-50%? – Y/N?
- Final proof in pans (~45-75 min.): Has some portion of the dough risen above the rim of the pan – Y/N?